Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Beauty on a Budget series: #1 My favorite drugstore concealer

So I've decided to do something a little different, and review some of my favorite budget-friendly beauty products. Starting with...CONCEALER. *dramatic music plays*

Concealer is a big deal for me; I have really dark circles, dark eyelids, basically I look like a zombie in the mornings. Finding something inexpensive that will cure me of my walking dead appearance has been difficult. Enter Rimmel's Match Perfection 2 in 1 Concealer.* I think what makes this product so great (especially for dark circles and redness) is that it has a highlighter in it as well as good pigmented concealer. All the while having a light enough consistency and weight that it doesn't feel like you are caking on a heavy load of makeup under your eyes. At just under $5.00 I would highly suggest this to anyone, especially those who struggle with some of the same issues I do.

One caveat is that if you have an enraged pimple and you want to make it magically disappear, or just discreetly cover it, you may run into problems throughout the day. Depending on your skin type it may start to dry up and actually draw more attention to the thing that you're trying to take attention away from. For me, when I have a mad spot I try not to dump a bunch of stuff on it and enrage it further. However, there is a limit. When I am about to attend a big event or something, I want it gone. So I dump stuff on it. With this product, less is more. Especially with fresh red pimples, and even scabs. Scars, discoloration and dark circles are really what this baby is made for.



Pros:

  • Affordable, easy to find.
  • Good weight and consistency.
  • One tube lasts FOREVER, even with multiple every day use. 
  • Great for discoloration, puffiness, redness and brightening eyes. 
  • Nice applicator, brush doesn't shed and actually works for it's intended purpose. 
Cons:

  • Can be bad for an active pimple.
  • May be too thick for some skin types.

In summation: I rate this product at a nice 4.5/5


*I am not receiving any compensation for this review from Rimmel or any of it's affiliates.

No comments:

Post a Comment